When I nominated Super Mario 3D Land for the "Most Innovative" award at this year's E3, I wasn't entirely serious. I liked the fact that 3D Land was the first major game release I've ever come across to make 3D visualization something more than a mere gimmick, and I was amused by the fact that it did so by taking a decidedly old-fashioned approach to game design. By constraining level design to fixed, almost two-dimensional points of view, 3D Land employs the illusion of depth to help players navigate hazards that would be difficult to master through visual perspective alone
Read Full Article
When I nominated Super Mario 3D Land for the "Most Innovative" award at this year's E3, I wasn't entirely serious. I liked the fact that 3D Land was the first major game release I've ever come across to make 3D visualization something more than a mere gimmick, and I was amused by the fact that it did so by taking a decidedly old-fashioned approach to game design. By constraining level design to fixed, almost two-dimensional points of view, 3D Land employs the illusion of depth to help players navigate hazards that would be difficult to master through visual perspective alone
Read Full Article
Post a Comment